Our fertility check gives a good indication of your fertility levels and can provide guidance of reasons for unsuccessful conception or reassurance on how much time there is left to start a family.
Who is it for?
Women or couples wanting to test their fertility potential.
At the age of 30, 35 and 40 years or if there is any delay in conceiving
What does it involve?
Our Essential fertility check includes the following:
- 30 minute consultation with a consultant gynaecologist
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Blood tests including
- Day 2-5 FSH, LH, oestradiol (ovarian hormones), Prolactin
- AMH (test for ovarian reserve)
- Vitamin D
- Day 21 progesterone test (test of ovulation)
- Thyroid function tests
- Comprehensive report to you and your GP
- Pre-conception advice
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
Our Comprehensive fertility check is as above but includes a HyCoSy scan, a specialist scan to assess the uterine cavity and Fallopian tubes, instead of an ultrasound scan and includes partner semen analysis.
The following tests can be added to a fertility health check at an additional cost:
- Infection profile
- Cervical smear & HPV
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £920 (including consultation, ultrasound scan and blood tests_
- £1330 (including consultation, HyCoSy test, semen analysis and blood tests)
To book an appointment now please call:
0207 10 11 700