Our fertility check gives a good indication of your fertility levels and can provide guidance of reasons for unsuccessful conception or reassurance on how much time there is left to start a family.
Who is it for?
- Women who have been trying for a few months but haven’t got pregnant
- Women over 35+ planning to conceive.
- Women seeking reassurance about their fertility potential, perhaps not ready to conceive but keen to know how urgent the timeframe is.
What does it involve?
- 30 minute consultation
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Blood tests including:
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone
- FSH, LH, E2 (oestradiol), Prolactin
- Thyroid function
- Vitamin D
- Day 21 progesterone test (test of ovulation)
- Pre-conception advice
- Written report
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
The following can be added at an additional charge:
- Semen analysis
- HyCoSy test
- Infection profile
- Cervical smear
- Pre-pregnancy blood tests:
- Full blood count
- Blood group and rhesus type
- Atypical antibody screen
- Haemoglobin electrophoresis
- Syphilis, Rubella, Toxoplasma, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Varicella Zoster, HIV tests
- Glucose & Vitamin D
- Thyroid function test
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £890 (including semen analysis)
- £1200 (including HyCoSy test)
- £1350 (including HyCoSy test and semen analysis)
- £1670 (including HyCoSy test and semen analysis and pre-pregnancy blood tests)
To book an appointment now please call:
0207 10 11 700